My beloved husband, Kent, died in January 2012, 3 years after diagnosis of a brain tumour. Our son was 2 1/2 and our daughter 3 months old. He and I were far too young. I am now hurtling through the black space of life without him.

Monday 1 July 2013

A place in my heart

I was buying a card today when I saw another that I had to buy. It strikes me as being about new love, and mine is an old (yet current) love, but it works for me still - more so perhaps. The idea of there always being a place in my heart that is Kent, that is us, is one I have thought of often.
Let it be said!:

You have found a place in my heart, and so that place is yours.
I will fly your flag, speak your language, and honour you with festive parades forever.


In the bottom corner of the card in teeny, tiny writing is another statement that adds unnecessary cheesiness, "My heart has encountered so much sweet peace I might never be the same again." Oh gosh. My heart has encountered so much anguish that I know I will never be the same again.

Sweet peace - such a beautiful phrase that is so foreign to me it's as far away as the Heavens.


No comments:

Post a Comment