My beloved husband, Kent, died in January 2012, 3 years after diagnosis of a brain tumour. Our son was 2 1/2 and our daughter 3 months old. He and I were far too young. I am now hurtling through the black space of life without him.

Saturday 17 August 2013

Wiping tears

"On no Mummy." The wee poppet came rushing in to the kitchen. "Oh no Mummy." It's not an uncommon phrase in our house at the moment. "Well that sounds important," I said. I gave her my hand and she led me through the hallway to the lounge. Right up to this picture, and pointed at the young woman.



Oh. Gosh.
"Yes," I said. "She's having a wee cry."

"Nee. Nee. Mummy room." And she bustled off on her own this time. Nee means nose, and she returned from my room with a tissue. And started wiping the tears of the young grieving woman.




I watched, speechless for a while.
"Um, can Mummy use the tissue too please?"
And she handed it to me.


2 comments:

  1. That wee poppet has a most beautiful heart, and unbelievable insight.
    I'm off to find a tissue too xxx

    ReplyDelete